[3830] CWopsT KG5U LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 11 09:19:18 EST 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Nov 11

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U`
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas

   80:   7      7
   40:  45     38
   20:  24     13
Total:  76     58  Total Score = 4,408

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I almost missed this one. I woke up at 0200CT with the realization I hadn't
finished some work at the Zoo. Fortunately, I was able to log on from home and
finish it and get it uploaded. But, then, I overslept and nearly missed this
CWT. I awoke (came to?) at 1248Z and managed to turn on the station, setup the
log, make a mug of coffee AND be in the chair just before the starting bell.

What fun..albeit, a bit slow*, but fun just the same. In fact, I've done worse
scores at 1.7x the speed (34wpm). * = Was there really ever a time in many of
our lives when 20wpm was fast? ;-)

I heard Craig/CWA--his name and CWA only; never his call--working other guys,
but never got to work him.

Non-members worked included K5VWW/Orville, W0LPF/Pete, N6HE/Ray, K4LTA/Bill,
WD5BZN/Dave, WI0WA/Lar, K9IBM/Dan (why do I picture mainframe computers filling
his shack and we are shuffled out on punch cards?), and AD0LI/Jim (Sorry I lost
you in the noise on 40 or 80 earlier, Jim!). Hope y'all come back for more fun
on the air, guys!

Thanks for the QSO's!

73 de Dale/kg5u

Ten-Tec Omni VI/VI+ (2)
AV-640 ground mounted vertical (10-15-20)
40m inverted vee at 65ft
80m inverted vee at 70ft
N1MM Logger software