[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 11 22:53:34 EST 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Nov 12

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: michigan

  160:   0      0
   80:   7      7
   40:   4      4
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  11     11  Total Score = 121

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A few folks were running 30+ wpm during this slow speed event. They were very
glad to be notified of the 20 wpm suggested maximum for the Nov 11 CWT's.

Conditions were crummy - hardly any contacts on 40 with QRP, but folks didn't
come down to 80 until after about 0330Z so wasted lots of time calling CQ.
Then when they did come down, even though RBN said (after the fact) that SNR
for n8xx was between 10 and 50+ dB, they just plopped down on top of me and
started running.  I didn't bother fighting them, even though when I kept
calling CQ neither of us made many Q's.

I think running 20 WPM max now and then is a good ideal.  Running with 5 watts
max a few times a year might be interesting also.  NCCC does this from time to
time with their NS Sprints.  Maybe, just maybe, the top tier of the CWT's would
fill with others than the usual half dozen or so.