[3830] WAE RTTY OT6M M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 15 15:53:28 EST 2015

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC PC5A
Station: OT6M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO2ws
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   86   86     0   128
   40:   40   40     0    84
   20:  138  188    50   104
   15:   59  109    60    78
   10:   22   32    30    30
------------------------------
Total:  485  465   140   424  Total Score = 197,160

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

For this contest we didn't plan anything serious, just some testing of the
setup. Recently we changed the interface of the ORION to MKII which needed to
be tested. Then we needed to check the RTTY setup (including 2nd RX on both the
Orion and 7800) as well as proper setup of RTTY macros.

Lesson learned: do regularly update N1MM+ ... in order to get a working QTC
window for instance.

Seems that the Acom2000A is well protected as this is the first time we notice
repeated ARC faults when using more than about 500W on the SteppIR and OB11-3.
Never noticed this on phone or CW so need to investigate if this is due to RTTY
only in combination with the 2 radio setup with the interlock and switching
times of the TRX and amp. With the interlock as is, there basically is not time
delay between TRX and PA switching ... perhaps need to rethink the setup as if
commanded by the MKII proper delay would be available.

Also need to tackle some more RFI as we seem to be losing the internet
connection a lot when TX-ing on 15m with the beam pointed towards the house.

The conditions were bad. Not a single JA heard, north-america signals were weak
although we managed to work KH6 on 20m. Although spotted, very short 'pile-ups'
... if you can call 3 stations calling after eachother a pile-up. Anyway, we
had a fun weekend (our main target) with several lessons learned and a good
conversation of future station development.

Thanks to all for the QSO's and see you next year in the WAE's.

Frank
ON9CC / OT6M