[3830] SS SSB VO1BQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 22 20:53:53 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VO1BQ
Operator(s): VO1BQ
Station: VO1BQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12-14

Tired and shut down at suppertime also the XYL had invited her folks, so I was
strongly encouraged to QRT anyways... A happy XYL = a happy life ;o)

Hope I helped a few get their sweep.  15M was pretty good, I was running 1K
with a D3 up about 30ft.  Tired Running several times, but no takers, switched
to S & P and was getting most with first call and little difficulty, so I
stuck with what was or seemed to be working.  Only problem with that was I kept
finding stations I had already worked.

Sweepstakes, are my favorite contest, I had to take leave from work this year
for both CW and SSB sweeps.  Hopefully next year they will fall on my weekends
off.   I'm off every second weekend.

Rest of my Contest season is very sporadic &  only putting in about 2 or 3
hrs at best per contest.   Although down the road when I get some Real Antennas
up,  you'll be hearing more from me ;o)

73 and see you all next year.

Joe
VO1BQ