[3830] SS SSB WT2P SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 22 22:44:27 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Got a late start at the beginning of the contest dealing with antennas and snow.
Put up the 80/20/15 dipole up in the middle of the snowstorm and then had to run
back out about 10 times to tune 80M to SSB. Still no go. At least the antenna is
somewhat tuned to my favorite mode. Attempted Saturday AM to put 80/20/15 wires
on the new 1:1 balun box that came in the week, and found it very difficult to
get all 3 to stay on the thing. More garage time this winter to come up with a
solution to get all 3 elements tied into a single point where I can actually
get it attached to the balun.

SSB contests are normally not my favorites with the exception of NAQP so I
found it hard to focus most of this weekend (although the snow outside did have
a say-so). I decided to stay up late on Saturday and spend a lot of time on 80M.
Glad I did, it was quite fun and I don't get to operate on 80 often from this
QTH.

Sweep: So close, but yet so far. Missed PAC, SB, UT (!!). NL amd NT. Heard a
few PAC, and NL and NT on 15M but I just could not bust through the pileups.

Thanks to all the SMC members that I have in the log, and thanks to those who
stopped by (and spotted me) when I was CQ'ing on 40M on Sunday afternoon.

Onwards to January NAQPs. Hope to see you in the log.

Happy Holidays,
WT2P