[3830] SS SSB VE3GFN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 23 08:34:02 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE3GFN
Operator(s): VE3GFN
Station: VE3GFN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GTA

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My first SSB Sweeps! A lot of fun, and the rig and software worked very well. I
find CW contests much faster than 'phone ones. However, I had a run on Sunday
that went about 1 1/2 hours, and 100 Qs on 40M ... quite an exhilarating
experience!

The bands didn't sound as active as for the CW event, and my lower score
reflects that, for the same operating time.

I have to finesse my recorded messages for the next one, but that's about the
only necessary change.