[3830] SS SSB NP4G Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 23 10:33:01 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NP4G
Operator(s): NP4G
Station: NP4G

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PR
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Los Chachos Contest Club

Comments:

Great Contest. Congratulations to K2PO and KH6LC for great score and for the
Qso's.

After being third place last year, I decided to try again SS Low power
category. I operated once again from KP3Z (thanks to Felipe NP4Z, Aileen XYL
and the two kids Evan and Alexander for hosting me this weekend).  Started the
contest calling in 10M but propagation fell early so had to move up the bands
quickly. From 15 to 20 and settled on 40M most of the time. Good Old Sun is
fading away as propagation in the higher bands proved difficult unlike last
year. I remember running 10m for about 1 hour last year and this year I was
lucky if it was 30 minutes.

40M proved to be the money band. Propagation was fantastic specially to west
coast once all east coasters went to 80M and QRM was less noticeable. It was
nice to work a few West Coast QRP stations on 40M the first night.

The new 40M 2 ele full size is working great and we gave it a run for its
money!

Worked both K2PO and KH6LC early in the contest and they both gave me a higher
serial number that I gave them. Worked N2IC and he surprisingly for me his
exchange was for a different category so I thought this was my chance!!

This was my first try using SO2B in sweepstakes unlike last year and it proved
helpful. Nice to have something to do when you are calling out low rates!

My last worked section was NP2X. Worked him Sunday morning on 15M. Thanks Fred,
I owe you a beer!

Thanks for all the Qso's.

For Los Chachos Contest Club

73 to all