[3830] SS SSB K3YDX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 23 16:38:53 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K3YDX
Operator(s): K3YDX
Station: K3YDX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This years score was down from last year but last year ran assisted and with
medium HP.  Will go back to HP next year to help avoid the dreaded CQ in my
face syndrome!

Much easier and quicker to search for sections on phone than CW though I likely
have reduced the life of my vfo encoder gears by a few years after spinning the
knob up the band then down again!

I had just put up an OCFD which by and large well outperformed my vertical
except for perhaps on 15 meters.  It was a treat seeing 10 meters produce as it
did.

Much fun running into so many familiar folks on the bands and seeing some low
check numbers and low serial numbers coupled with 2 X 3 callsigns.  I hope
others thanked them as well for taking the time to get on and making some
QSO's

73
Hank