[3830] SS SSB AA5B Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 23 21:27:43 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AA5B
Operator(s): AA5B
Station: AA5B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM

Club: New Mexico Big River Contesters

Comments:

My last QSO put me over 300k, which was my stretch goal. Cool! It's interesting
that my worst band total was on 10 meters -- the only band with a yagi. Signals
were strong, but I didn't get anything going very quickly and 15 seemed like a
better place to be.

I lost mental focus for a couple hours on Sunday afternoon, found myself
spinning the dial and not working much of anything, but I took the dog for a
walk and cleared my head. The last several hours were good, despite weird
conditions, so the break seemed to work okay.

Great to work so many friends, but I sure missed hearing K L 7 Radio Alaska.

   73,
     Bruce AA5Banana