[3830] SS SSB W4RM(N3AHA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 25 00:42:46 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4RM
Operator(s): N3AHA
Station: W4RM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Bill for inviting me to operate single op from his first class
multi-op station.  The radio, amp, and antennas were all playing very well.
Like last year, I SO2V'd (my term for SO2R without a second radio) in between
transmit times...a definite disadvantage to competing against stations using
packet and SO2R operators...but I like a good challenge.  I started the contest
with much better rates then I had in 2014, but went to bed Saturday night at
about the same point as 2014.  Rates on Sunday were down (well, for me anyway),
and it was a struggle all day to try and achieve my 2014 score...I finished 100+
Qs short of 2014.

It was a thrill to have AK, HI, and NT call me on 80 meters Saturday
night/early Sunday morning.  This left me with only two mults, VI and PR to
find on Sunday.  It's always stressful to call CQ, listening to VFO B in
between transmit times and worry that I'm not going to find that last mult.
And then it seems to always happen, after finding and contacting the last mults
with S&P...I end up working another VI and PR on my CQ frequency later in
the contest...but you never know, that might not happen one year.

Thanks for the Qs...see you next year.

Rates including a couple dupes
Date		Hour	 Total	3.5	7	14	21	28	Running
11/21/2015	21	110	 	 	 	110	 	110
11/21/2015	22	96	 	 	65	31	 	206
11/21/2015	23	90	 	 	90	 	 	296
11/22/2015	0	74	 	68	6	 	 	370