[3830] CQWW CW VE3CV SOSB(A)/160 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 14:42:13 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SOSB(A)/160 LP
QTH: EN93el

  160:  221    13       23

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Tough conditions on Top Band....hard to the Caribbean and no SA.  EU sunrise
were disappointing, but worth staying up to work ZD8W for #124. Local wind
towers played havoc with my Beverages, but they did shut down occasionally for
the nice quiet.  Still, like pulling teeth to be heard in EU with 90W.  Ran a
lot to get some Qs, but took me a while to stop hitting the space bar instead
of Enter when trying ESM mode in N1MM for first time....lots of embarrassing
mistakes.  Sorry.   Seemed like a dry run for the ARRL 160 next week.
73  Jeff VE3CV

Yaesu FT-1000MP at 90W
Top loaded 80 doublet at 50ft plus 16 radials
Beverages at 45, 95, and 165 and Bog at 265 for RX antennas.
N1MM worked great as usual. Thanks.