[3830] CQWW CW W6RW SOSB(A)/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 19:12:31 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6RW
Operator(s): W6RW
Station: W6RW

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: Yuma AZ

   40:  509    39      124

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My first CQWW CW since I got back on the air in January of this year after a 10
year deprivation. This has always been my favorite contest and I really enjoyed
this one. Did single band 40 meters since that is the band that my DX
Engineering 43 foot vertical works best. Some of the best 40 meter conditions
that I have witnessed. To work 39 zones with a vertical absolutely amazed me,
but it proved once again that Yuma Arizona is a magic place to do radio. Heard
SU90IARU several times but could not break through the East Coast wall to snag
Zone 34 and complete Worked All Zones on 40 meters in one weekend. Put up a
receiving loop on Thursday and it really improved the noise level and enabled
me to hear stations that I would not have been able to hear before. Thanks for
all the Qs and see you on the bands! 73 de Mike W6RW