[3830] CQWW CW K9GS(@WB9Z) SOSB(A)/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 22:41:36 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9GS
Operator(s): K9GS WB9Z
Station: WB9Z

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: IL

   20: 1762    40      159
Total: 1762    40      159  Total Score = 999,378

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wow..what a weekend!  Thank you is in order for Jerry, WB9Z, for the use of his
first-class station.  Last year I did a single-band 40M from the same station
and this year decided to do another band.

The contest started a little slow but that is normal for 20M.  What set this
year apart was that the band almost didn't close.  Long after propagation to EU
was over, the band was open to JA/BY/YB for several hours.  Not a lot of rate
but it was consistent.  Then the band opened to deep Asia with UA0/UA9, UP, HS,
zone 23, etc.

Then in the middle of the night it was like a switch was flipped and it was
time to get a few hours sleep.

Morning brought the usual big EU runs and very crowded band conditions.  There
were station well past 14125 on both days.

The afternoon runs to Asia didn't disappoint and Saturday night was similar to
Friday night.

I really wanted to break 1 million points and was probably only one or two QSOs
short of doing so.  There is always next year!

Thanks for all of the QSOs and I hope everyone had a great time.

73,

Gary K9GS