[3830] CQWW CW OL0W(OK1DSZ) SOSB(A)/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 05:22:57 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OL0W
Operator(s): OK1DSZ
Station: OL0W

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH:

   40: 1565    40      138
Total: 1565    40      138  Total Score = 507,656

Due to illness I was unable to travel to OL4A site this time. What a
disappointment, first time since 1998 without serious participation in the CQ
WW CW. Without any competitive antenna at home, I decided to give it a try and
see what can be made with just a simple elevated vertical with two elevated
radials - taking it easy, leaving the radio during boring times or when too
tired. The final outcome is a nice surprise, I have never though before, that
it could be possible to reach such high mult totals including all 40 zones with
such a simple setup. It could be even better if more time was spend on the
chair. Thanks to everyone for qso.

Rig: FT1000MP + PA approx 1,2kW, l/4 vertical + low dipole (RX only)