[3830] CQWW CW W1DYJ SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 11:29:51 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: EMA

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   19     7       16
   40:  112    15       58
   20:   90    24       61
   15:  114    19       62
   10:   34    12       25

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

COMMENTS:
----------
Time in chair: 17 hours
100% C&P (My CW is not good enough to run.)
Log: N3FJP's CQ WW DX Contest Log Ver 4.8
Rig: TS-2000
Antennas:
   160/80/40 - a modified Alpha Delta DX-CC at 7M
   20 - HB Moxon at 12m
   15 - Rotatable Dipole at 11m
   10 - HB 5el yagi at 10m

My first CW contest was this one a year ago.  My raw score back then was 31K
and my many errors brought my final score down to 21K. I had a lot to learn!

With a few CW contests now under my belt I knew I could do better this year, so
my goal was 250K.  I passed that Sunday morning shortly after breakfast and
before I had smoe family obligations in the afternoon.  With a raw score of
313K it will be interesting to see my error rate.

(For the record, it took me 5 1/2 months after last year's CQDXCW to reach 100
confirmed CW Qs for CW DXCC.)

My HB 10M antenna is my best, put up 15 years ago for that sunspot peak, but
10M conditions were down from last year and I didn't do as hoped.  I threw up
my "temporary" 15M dipole six years ago to finish 15M DXCC -- it's
still there. :(  But 15M turned up to be quite good.  My HB 20M Moxon (QST
April 2009) continues to work well, however I didn't spend as much time there
as I probably should have.

My 15 year old Alpha Delta DX-CC (loaded 80M/40M dipole) functions, but at 7M
height it is far too low -- no tall trees.  I got my usual 1 Canadian Q on 160
for 2 pts and 2 mults -- missed a US Zn 5 for 2 more mults.  80 never does very
well.  40 turned out to be quite good -- better than I expected.

Yes -- I really need to work on these old antennas!  Mostly, I just need to
stay in the chair more and improve my CW listening skills.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ