[3830] CQWW CW K1ZR M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 11:44:52 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1ZR
Operator(s): K1RX N9NC K1ZR
Station: K1ZR

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NH

  160:  127    14       48
   80:  900    25       96
   40: 1987    39      131
   20: 1612    38      136
   15: 1543    35      138
   10:  169    26       77

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Where did the last two days go?

This year I collaborated with Mark, K1RX and Tom, N9NC to run a mini-M2 at this
QTH, the first multi attempt from here.  We divided my SO2R station into two
operating positions and ran the contest with only two radios.  If we decide to
continue exploring M2 efforts from here we'll need to get serious about adding
at least one mult station, dedicated south antennas for 20 and 40 and some more
ops.  Our ultimate goal was to shake things out and have a boat load of fun.  We
had to swap out an amp due to a relay failure and experienced a 3 hour down time
on the 10/20/80 station due to a temporary PC failure but all-in-all things held
up nicely.  It felt like a single op effort throughout the contest considering
Mark and I each put in over 30 hours.  Tom operated about 12 hours each day
which allowed Mark and I to coordinate our naps in order to keep both stations
on the air with fresh ops.

Too bad 10 was dead.....a lot of aluminum went dormant this weekend.

Many thanks to all of the DX that moved from band to band upon request!

Running M2 with two great friends and a new station was a fantastic
experience.....perhaps this will be a new trend from here...?

73,
Shane K1ZR