[3830] CQWW CW VA2WA SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 12:49:46 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA2WA
Operator(s): VA2WA
Station: VA2WA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: nr.Montreal

  160:  270    15       55
   80:  987    23       92
   40:  878    34      118
   20: 1383    40      139
   15:  535    31      115
   10:   89    22       61

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

Ant:
(20-15-10) SteppIr DB-11 at 12m tower
(40) 10m vertical
(80-160) Top loaded vertical 16.5m

Rx ant: 70m BEV to EU.

Rigs:  2 x Kenwood TS-590S
PAs: Alpha 89, Ameritron AL-1200

Finally Murphy have visited me in this contest. The SteppIR yagy SWR started
raising on Saturday. On Sunday morning it got close to 4! I needed to stop the
contest and to re-calibrate and to re-create all the bands geometry. After 1.5
hours of desperate attempts I've finally got 20m working pretty well if I
manually put an antenna working frequency around 13.8 MHz. Couldn't get a quick
fix to get back 15m and 10m bands with an affordable SWR. So I missed 15m and
10m 6 hours before the contest end. Going to contact SteppIR for a resolution
for that case.

The 20m was my money band. I've got all the 40m zones on it for the first time.
 The 80m band was amazing as never before.

Thank you for all the QSO's!

73!

Victor
http://www.contestgroupduquebec.com/