[3830] CQWW CW VO1MP SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 13:06:11 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VO1MP
Operator(s): VO1MP
Station: VO1MP

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NL

  160:  115    11       39
   80:  289    19       68
   40:  470    27      105
   20:  527    30       92
   15:  529    26       96
   10:  135    18       68

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were good !  or better than expected anyway  !!
Plans to visit ZONE 2 again this year and operate as VO2CQ had to be cancelled
for a variety of reasons , but it was still fun to operate  here from my own
station with antennas that rotate thanks in part to lots of help from  NAZ
VO2NS  and Yuri VE2IM/VE3DZ.... a real up close and personal look at my rotor
and antenna configuration and  towers / rotors and survival there-of    has
hatched  A Few alternatives ..  that I hopefully can implement for Next
year...
My plans to go hard and fast  Were hit by a few family issues and personal
items that required a smaller effort on my part...  mebbe next time ... Spent
about equal time between  cq'in and chasing cluster spots .. and my  Target
2000  Q total was not difficult to attain......I guess the off times ... some
in the middle of the day affected the possibilit/probability that I could have
worked 100 plus Countries on 15 and 20
had a few  6 banders ...always nice.... and a bunch of 5 banders ...  My newly
orientated and elevated 40 meter  antenna was a bit of a surpize for me ... and
actually provided my only 100 plus band  ..  my 40  Meter beam is till fully
assembled and will eventually be hoisted  into place . along with a few more
new designs ..  was really surprised how well >>>>>>
relatively speaking <<<<< my 160  mickey mouse inverted L
worked  with 4 elevated radials worked.. go figure !!

Piss and moan section ..
Lack of Ids by Dx stations .....typical
The new keying format that bears absolutely no known relationship or
resemblance  to standard Farnsworth or conventional keying patterns .... is it
just me  ?? or were they out in major droves THIS contest  .. I don't think
speed using conventional keying format is an issue but this choppy high speed 2
to 1 dash to dot ration defies  all logic to me ..
Cut numbers... some zone identifiers were absolutely mystifying ...
But Like i said go figure ....
Still  these are in the minority and 99 percent of the ops in this contest make
it a pleasure to  be invited and  involved...
thanks for the Qs
Hope to c'y'all Next One
GLWCDR
Gus VO1MP