[3830] CQWW CW DM5EE SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 16:30:55 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DM5EE
Operator(s): DM5EE
Station: DM5EE

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:

  160:  156    13       63
   80:  210    20       86
   40:  288    35      115
   20:  437    37      134
   15:  448    37      144
   10:  172    34      112

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:
FT-2000, FL-7000 (600W max.)
X7 at 17m, rotary dipole at 17m, G5RV (inv-V), 160m inv-L

I have been active in the CQWW CW contest 31 times in 33 years. This, however,
was only my second entry from my home station after I made my initial 69 QSO
effort back in 1983.

Since I knew that I might have to QRT early due to a high wind warning, the
DXer in me set the goal to work a maximum number of multipliers instead of
maximizing the score.

Murphy took out my 80m G5RV in the middle of the night at 0115z on Sunday and
the storm did some damage to the 40m beam later that day. The tower had to be
cranked down to 12m at 1500z because of high winds and I ended up going QRT
three hours later when 20m was about to close and my low band antennas were
either damaged or non operational due to the lowered tower.

On the bright side, I really enjoyed the contest and the multiplier numbers
were better than I had expected with my modest single tower / single radio
setup, actually being on par with the best European SO(A) entries that have
been published so far.

73! Uli, DM5EE