[3830] CQWW CW VA2EW SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 19:04:25 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA2EW
Operator(s): VA2EW
Station: VA2EW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Montreal

  160:  200    10       26
   80:  419    12       48
   40:  788    23       76
   20:  987    27       89
   15:  947    24       81
   10:   74    20       49

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

43 hours is my all time personal record.
Was happy to ear F6BEE Jacques at 6V7A and surprised how he sorted out my 100
watts of his heavy pile-up after only my 3rd call. I realized just after that I
had messed between the two rotors and 6W was right on the side of the yagi...
All the WE long, I have observed that I was able to easily break all the
pile-up's with African stations. Not the same thing in other directions.
I really had fun all the time even if a better propagation had been appreciated
especially on 10m.
On the other side 160m was great, I was even able to maintain a run on Europe
for a while.
My apologizes when I refused some calls from NA on 160m to prioritize EU
stations but please consider the narrow window time and the weakness of the
signals from the guys on the other side compared to you NA guys who have the
whole night to contact me and who are breaking my ears with your 59+40dB's when
my audio and preamp is at maximum for weak signals... .
Let's hope the conditions will remain the same next WE for the 160m ARRL were I
expect to see you.

73's and thank for the calls

Gilles VA2EW