[3830] CQ WW RTTY LY8O SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 1 08:13:50 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: LY8O
Operator(s): LY8O
Station: LY8O

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: KO25TM

   80:  286        1      46     8
   40:  546       33      66    19
   20:  942       49      89    31
   15:  647       45      90    28
   10:   44        0      28    16
------------------------------------
Total: 2483      128     102   319  Total Score = 3,317,058

Club: Lithuanian Contest Group

Comments:

Last summer antennas and equipment works improves the final result to compare
with the last year event. Real six pack for two radios and additional 20m mast
with 6 el yagis for 20/15m and 2 el Moxon design for 40m band makes a life
easier but there was no enough time to understand the possibilities of all
setup in general. Now is more less clear what is necessary to do and to add. I
hope in CW part will be a bit better.
Congrats to MJ5Z Kazu-san - it is a pleasure and a honor to compete with you.
Here on the Saturday and the first half of Sunday conditions where very average
and only in the Sunday afternoon I got wide opening on 15 and 20m to North
America. 10m disappointed - very low number of signals from any direction, no
EU opening for the multipliers collection. Also expected for a better DX
conditions on 40m. Overall not worked many easy mults for the reason I can not
understand - worked hard on CQ and S/P all the time but looks like there was no
enough of luck :(
Equipment:
IC-756 PRO2 and PRO3
50m rotary mast with 3x6 el for 20m and 2x2 el Moxon design for 40m bands
43m rotary mast with 4x5 el for 15m and 6x4 el for 10m bans
20m mast with rotary top with 6 el for 20m and 6 el for 15m on the same boom
and 2 el Moxon design for 40m (3m higher)
Invertd Vee for 80m band (central point 27mH)
WinTest
More info you can find in Facebook - just search for LY8O.
Thanks for the nice weekend. Thanks to everyone who called me or copy my sigs
on the bands. Thanks to my colleague Oleg for never ending interest in the
engineering side of Ham radio. Also my thanks goes to Peter LY1PM (S.K.) - my
teacher since about 1980 and fantastic engineer and mentor who has started to
build this radio position long time ago. We continuing.
The position was made mostly by four hand only.

73, Remi LY8O