[3830] CQ WW RTTY 6Y4K(VE3NZ) SOSB(A)/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 2 19:14:02 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 6Y4K
Operator(s): VE3NZ
Station: 6Y5WJ

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: JAMAICA

   80:    0       0       0     0
   40:    0       0       0     0
   20: 1508      54      91    32
   15:    0       0       0     0
   10:    0       0       0     0
-----------------------------------
Total: 1508      54      91    32  Total Score = 660,210

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

It is a great experience to operate in Jamaica, up on the hills 2000ft ASL. I
can't have enough of this. Josh, 6Y5WJ is constantly improving his station. Now
he has a Spider beam and a 5 band Quad, changing from US to EU takes a split
second. The location and the special callsign makes the 700 Watt as effective
if it was full legal power. I am happy with the results, since this was my
first attempt in this category, but surely there is room for even better score
in the future. Next year I will rather go to parasailing and swimming after the
contest. This time I went to the beach before the weekend and it took out my
mojo, I was able to operate only 36 hours out of 48. There were many rare DX
stations in the contest, especially nice was to hear Asia and Oceania
activity.
Thanks for the QSOz, I answered every calls that MMTTY could decode for me.
6Y5WJ Josh and XYL Jenny you are wonderful hosts and you know what support a
contester needs. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Thanks also to CQ for sponsoring this great contest. I hope to participate next
year again.
73's de VE3NZ, George (Ben)
ps. congrats to VE6WQ, nice job!