[3830] CaQP NO5W(@W5GAD) SOFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 4 18:38:29 EDT 2015

                    California QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: LA

--------------------
Total:  160     0  Mults = 39  Total Score = 18,720

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100, HI-Q 4/80, CL-33, CQ/X 1.8.0.12

That was a RUSH -- GOLD that is. Having spent all of last weekend and several
days on each side as a mobile in the Texas QSO Party I did not plan to get into
the CQP, at least not in a serious way. But the idea of the GOLD RUSH intrigued
me. Other than the mobile in the driveway I don't have a station at home so
late Saturday afternoon I went out to the Pathfinder to see what I could hear
and maybe work a few letters. Well after about 45 minutes I had all the letters
except L and S. Wow this is easy.

So I thought I would use Sunday morning to finish up the GOLD RUSH at the local
club station and within a few minutes of arriving I had the spelling complete.
Oops, looks like I have to also work 150 Qs and right now I'm at about 25. So I
thought I would give it a try but there weren't that many signals on 20m. Then
15m opened up and things began to look better but by 1800z I had only a little
over 100 Qs and it was not looking good. Just as I was about to throw in the
towel I checked 10m and worked a station, and then another until I had over 130
in the log. I couldn't stop then and continued to bounce around between 20, 15,
and 10 until I had 150 plus a few for insurance.

So I guess I followed the plan of the NCCC. Set the hook on Saturday afternoon
with some quick success in the spelling bee and reel them in on Sunday for the
required 150 Qs and the GOLD RUSH. At any rate it was fun.

73/Chuck/NO5W