[3830] CaQP K9CT SO(A)Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 4 18:56:27 EDT 2015

                    California QSO Party

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SO(A)Fixed HP
QTH: IL

  160:   16      0
   80:   66     46
   10:    1      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I was trying out a different radio setup and decided to operate assisted to keep
track of new stations that were spotted. The spots were useful mostly on Sunday
when things were quite slow but mostly for cw....you really have to S&P to
find stations on SSB. I did at one time when I was down to a few counties,
research the calls that were active. However, they were quickly worked and it
just got down to SISK for the last one. WB6MBF called me at 22:34Z to complete
the sweep and I was his #2 QSO! I later worked WA6ST a couple times.

I did not think condx were very good. 15m was late to open and turned out well
both days. However, there was noticeable AU on the signals and QSB didn't help
either. 10m was watched all day but cw signals were just above the noise and
not good enough to work at the best time.

40m was good but QRN from propagated storms causes many repeats...much worse on
80 and 160 of course.

It was slow at 0630Z and I decided to get some sleep. However like SS, that
rate  was better than anything on Sunday. I should have stay up longer, I
guess!

Thanks to the CQP organizers for all their hard work. This is a terrific QSO
party. Congratulations on celebrating 50 years!

Also, thanks to all the CA stations for getting out to all the counties and
working us out of state stations.

BTW, please operate the Illinois QSO party coming up October 18th.

73, Craig K9CT