[3830] CaQP KJ6MBW SOFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 4 19:39:56 EDT 2015

                    California QSO Party

Call: KJ6MBW
Operator(s): KJ6MBW
Station: KJ6MBW

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: SF Bay Area

   20:  188      7
   15:  110      7
   10:    3      0
--------------------
Total:  301     14  Mults = 49  Total Score = 45,619

Rig: FT-857D at 100w
Ant: 10/15/20m 2-ele yagi

Limited operation with a tribander and without a PA. I had no enough time
available to operate full time and did not setup low band verticals. The plan
was to work only on the upper bands with one antenna, running 100w.

IMHO 200w is a lot of power for LP category.

20m was fine but generally noisy at my QTH. Special thanks to those EU callers
who came on my CQ on 20m with those auroral signals from the north. Band was
not in its best shape but it was nice to know I was still heard over there with
such modest power level.

15m was not as good as 20 but it got going pretty well on Sunday, I still could
not beat 20m Q numbers.

10m had some good activity on Sunday around lunch time but I missed nearly all
of it due to some other issues. Score shows that 10m is not the band to be on
this season, hi. What a difference from last year.

Mult count was rather reasonable but I missed three nearest states without the
low bands.

Worked a few stations on SSB towards the end.

Many thanks for all the QSO's.

Sergey