[3830] CaQP N6N(K7GK) SOFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 5 01:16:40 EDT 2015

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6N
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: W6JZH

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: CCOS
Operating Time (hrs): 23+

  160:
   80:  121     64
   40:  176     62
   10:   41     16
--------------------

The score is down over 15% from last year. Very few things went right in this
contest, conditions being the most obvious one. My friend ON5ZO described it
well. He thought that earning the commemorative coin would be doable from EU
based on the last year's conditions. But he only made just over 30 contacts and
quipped - with the letters I have I can't quite spell GOLDRUSH. I think that
with these conditions, COLDSHOWER would be more appropriate.

Definitely the worst thing happened 8 hours in, the output of one of the radios
(IC-7800) dropped to below 10W. Blown finals? Further investigation required.
>From that point on it was a single radio contest. Don't know how much of a
difference to the final score not having the second radio made, but it
certainly didn't help. Where it did make a difference was the fun factor during
all those hours of lower rates.

The biggest moment of joy was the result of being called by VE8NSD about 2
hours before the end of the contest for mult #58.

Great many thanks for John, W6JZH, for letting me play radio.

73, Denis - K7GK/6