[3830] SAC SSB OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 12 16:25:16 EDT 2015

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Mieto

   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  825   148  Total Score = 256,928

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was a weekend that will be remembered as the low point of SAC SSB
propagation-wise. A challenge it really was.

I had fixed front-end of the second radio that was blown in the CW part. The
station performed as expected but the storm after the CW part broke my main
antenna on 80m. I had to resort to a hastily made low dipole to replace it.
Unfortunately the antenna was much better as a cloud warmer than a real
antenna. I had only a short run on 80m that dried out very quickly. After that
I could not attract anybody's attention on 80m.

In the evening my motivation was drained out and I moved to the living room to
watch a movie. Later I went back to the shack to check the propagation and soon
went to bed.

In the morning I woke up at 7 AM local time and tried to run on 80m but it was
hopeless. I moved to 40m and took a careful watch on 20m and 15m on the second
radio. It took quite long before 20m opened at all. The whole day was struggle.
Finally just before the end I worked my first QSOs to JA, USA, VK and BY on 20m.
90% of the QSOs were from EU.

Thanks for the QSOs!