[3830] WAG VE9AA SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 18 11:14:52 EDT 2015

                    Worked All Germany Contest

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 15:44

   80:   48      1      23
   40:  136      8      26
   20:  128     12      26
   15:  205     24      26
   10:   57      6      25
----------------------------
Total:  574     51     126  Total Score = 236,250

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Well, this is the part where I usually TRY to write something clever, humourous,
witty or brave.  I got nuttin' !

Was very sick all week with a head cold, so at local midnight with the rates in
the single digits I decided my health was more important than ~60-70 more QSO's,
so I packed it in and got up at sunrise.

I got walloped by the other LP stations in E. NA I am sure.

My wife keeps telling me I should put up a couple towers instead of a vertical
on the shed and an old all band ZS6BKW out behind the house @ 24'. Ya know, I
think she's right ;-D (but don't tell her that, heh)

All that aside, it was a real thrill to work Olli (DH8BQA) in disguise as
DK0WRTC on all bands. That guy knows how to work into the noise floor !

I sure missed 10m where a few short years ago I had hundreds of SSB Q's with
HP, LP , QRP and even mobile stations all over Germany.  Sigh....those days are
gone and my wet noodle antennas are really showing their limitations moreso than
ever. (when there's F2, a rusty bedspring works pretty well on 10m and 15m.

Lotsa really good ears in Germany were able to copy my weak signal.  Only a
couple brief hours where the signals were what I would call armchair copy and
that was mostly on 15m, though 10m showed some promise, it never really opened
whizz-bang like.  I think there was a flare or something and I often found the
DL's louder beaming side-shot off the AU curtain more towards Central Africa
with my little A3S @24' on the other side of the shed from the HF9V.

Well....what can I say?  15 and some hours of fun and my first full length
contest as truly SO2R....it's fun, but takes some getting used to.

We'll do it all again next year !

73 de Mike VE9AA