[3830] IaQP W0ZQ SO Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 18 11:24:56 EDT 2015

                    Iowa QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:     11
------------------------
Total:    536       0  Mults = 55  Total Score = 59,808

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

N1MM says 59,808 but my math says 58,960 so I need to take a closer look.

It was a beautiful day to be roving in Iowa.  The day started with the first
hard frost of the year with 28 degrees.  However it was sunny all day long with
the temperature rebounding into the mid 50's. I did most of my operating in a
light sweat shirt.

Regarding operating, I did run 20 and 40m from each county.  Around 2:00 pm I
called CQ a bit on 15m with a few takers, but 15m just isn't a money band from
the Midwest like it is for those further south or on the left coast.  Also, I
worked very few Iowa stations .... made more Q's with my fellow out of state
mobiles then I did with native Iowa stations, and those were very few.  While
the ongoing NYQP created some confusion it seemed most Op's handled the dual
contests well.

Overall, it was a good dose of RF and a great day to be playing radio.  A tip
of the hat to the OARC for sponsoring this fun event.   73, Jon