[3830] TBDC K1WHS Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 18 11:51:16 EDT 2015

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1WHS
Station: K1WHS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN43

Total:  QSOs = 211  Total Score = 1,058

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I spent Saturday doing tower work at a friend's QTH and missed the beginning of
the event. Then my laptop died after three Qs while I was trying to get it
hooked to my radio. (You would think I would have all this stuff set up in
advance) Then I had to jump into the truck and drive up the road to get another
laptop. I never did get it hooked up properly, but at least I could enter
calls!
   I thought conditions here were not so good to the East at first, but KV4FZ
was blasting in all evening with good signals. He was my first QSO. First EU
station was EA3CX at 0114 UT. It was interesting watch the point values slowly
climb as the evening wore on. My first 48 QSOs amounted to 3.25 points apiece.
When I quit at 0600, (Remember I did tower work all day) my last 20 Qs were
valued at 9.5 points apiece. I wish I could have stayed up later for the
Pacific, but my eyelids kept crashing down and interfered with my
concentration!
  I heard no signals to the East into Russia. I heard one YO3 but could not get
his attention after many calls. Glad to work HI8A and HC1PF to the South. My
best DX to the West was Hawaii and KH6ATjust before I quit around 0600UT. It
was a fun evening to practice my CW and meet a few old friends too!