[3830] IaQP K0PC SO Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 18 12:22:25 EDT 2015

                    Iowa QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: IA

   15:     17
------------------------
Total:    642       0  Mults = 57  Total Score = 73,188

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

A beautiful fall day in Iowa. I had planned on going to Iowa alone this year but
my trusty driver John, W9DND, decided to come along. We activated 19 counties in
northwest Iowa and came pretty close to being on schedule all day. I always like
to include Webster county where I was born and raised in the route.

This was an all CW operation mostly on 40 & 20 M with jumps to 15M on
request. Propagation was good and everything worked well until the last half
hour of the contest. Then N1MM froze up twice and I had to reboot the computer
to get it going each time. I don't understand what happened but I'll certainly
have to look into it.

All in all a very good day. Thanks to all of those who followed us around and
thanks to the Ottumwa ARC for sponsoring the IA QSO Party.

73,
Pat KØPC