[3830] IlQP K9CT Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 18 23:06:49 EDT 2015

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Fixed HP
QTH: PEOR

  160:      0        0
   80:    122       33
   40:    190      248
   20:    124      111
   15:      0        0
   10:      0        0
    6:      0        0
    2:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    436      392  Mults = 149  Total Score = 188,187

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

My best score in IQP. 91 IL counties...most ever for me. I know I missed some
but had some good runs and had to balance between qsos and mults.

Most qsos were on the 40 and 80 meter dipoles. This is a good precursor to SS
conditions. Backscatter was fair on 20m and did work some of the mobiles that
way.

Mobiles were awesome! This would not be as much fun without them. The mobile
windows were terrific and it was helpful to check the last frequency of each
mobile. It would be been better if some fixed stations would have not moved
into 40-45 range.

I was again surprised to observe quiet frequencies on 40m SSB that when asked
if  the frequency was busy....would get no answer. However, as soon as you call
CQ, you are jumped on by several stations. When asked. they said that it was
"their" frequency and they were keeping it open for ragchewing at any
time they wanted. This seemed to be in the 7190 to 7210 range. So beware of
trespassing this property.....

There were lots of SMC members in this one....great to say hi.

73, Craig K9CT