[3830] IlQP W9GRS(W9KVR) Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 19 11:28:55 EDT 2015

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: W9GRS
Operator(s): W9KVR
Station: W9GRS

Class: Fixed LP
QTH: IROQ
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:              21
   40:             252
   20:             115
------------------------
Total:     0       388  Mults = 106  Total Score = 41,516

Operated from our school station this year and put in nearly a full time
operation in lieu of operations during School Club Round-Up.  We had a couple
of students jump in for some QSO's, including my 8-year old daughter, Sophie.
Definitely had a fun time!!

We stuck with phone operations as we knew that we might be the only one on air
consistently from IROQ.  It was nice to have WB9Z and NV9L down the road give
us a call and give us a couple IROQ qso's to help with our multi's.  We stayed
on 40m for the most part, but did jump to 20m and had a nice run of East Coast
stations.  Also had lot of QSO's from those north of the "Cheddar
Curtain."  They always do a good job getting on air for ILQP!

We fell short of our 400 QSO goal, but did set station records for QSO's,
Counties, and total points for the contest.

I know we missed opportunities for multi's by not doing CW, but we were
consistently busy on phone.  Also learned it is tough to listen to the Bears
game and operate at the same time... hi hi!

A big thanks to all those who got on air Sunday!!  Look forward to operations
through out the school year from W9GRS as we celebrate our Science Club's 40th
Anniversary!

73's from the Flatlands of Illinois!

-Troy W9KVR  / W9GRS School Station

Equipment:
Kenwood TS-480SAT (100 watts)
Cushcraft 6-20m Vertical w/steel girder roof ground plane
Alpha-Delta Multi-Band Dipole for 40/80 (8 meters up)
Logging: N1MM