[3830] IlQP W9QL Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 19 12:01:25 EDT 2015

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: Fixed LP
QTH: Lake

  160:
   80:     20       46
   40:     50      295
   20:      0      184
------------------------
Total:     70      525  Mults = 141  Total Score = 93,765

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Another fun ILQP! Conditions were not great, but better than I expected. Started
on 20 phone and was surprised to be able to work both coasts right away. Moved
to 40 and was the county total started climbing. The mobiles and portables did
a great job (as always) and helped me set a new county personal best at 84.
Might have done better on counties, but had to balance watching for the mobiles
against a having a good run on a clear frequency.

Missed AK, HI WV and NE for a WAS but was happy to give out LAKE to many
out-of-state participants. Might have done better on 80, but had the usual
problems finding a clear spot because of those who claim they "own"
the frequency 24x7.

It was great to work many familiar calls and hear SMC out in force.

Dave
W9QL

FTdx5000 with a G5RV at 35 ft.