[3830] JARTS W6QU(W8QZA) Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 21 01:52:29 EDT 2015

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA

   80:   2      1
   40:   7      5
   20:   4      3
   15:  15     11
   10:  22      9
-------------------
Total:  50     29  Total Score = 3,161

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION:

Radio: Yaesu FT-817, 5 Watts.

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  40-80 Meters: Butternut HF-2V Vertical with 3 radials

Except for the first 5 Qs, I did this entire contest only by CQing.

I wanted to see how many Qs a QRP RTTY station with a modest antenna system
could get just by CQing.  I averaged about 9 per hour.  Of course, almost all
of the stations calling me were USA.

This contest is a lot of fun!  I would do this contest more seriously if they
ever introduced a QRP category!

73,  Bill  W8QZA - W6QU