[3830] CWopsT W1TEF(@W4DFG) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 21 11:26:40 EDT 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 21

Call: W1TEF
Operator(s): W1TEF
Station: W4DFG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Little Mountain,SC
Operating Time (hrs): .30

  160:   0     0
   80:   0     0
   40:   0     0
   20:   4     4
   15:   4     4
   10:   0     0
-------------------
Total:   8     8  Total Score = 64

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

First time in this mini-event and I had an a lot of fun.  Operating QRP was
tough and I need to do more CW operating, but I really like the one hour
approach to a contest.  Had a very late start, but I finally got into the
spirit of the CWT searching and pouncing after 8 or so minutes of CQ'ing. RF
got into the computer so I had to switch to paper which wasn't a problem.

My only complaint which really isn't a complaint, is that I deliberately turned
the keyer down to 20 WPM just to see if others would match it - apparently not
as the other ops kept their same speed. Not a problem for me, but it was
interesting as I understood that this is a easy low pressure type of event.
Maybe TPTB might want to consider one of these sessions a "low speed"
event meaning not higher than 20 WPM.  Might attract more new CW ops that way.

All in all, I had a great time and I will be back for the afternoon session.

Tom, W1TEF/4