[3830] CQWW SSB N1CC SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 19:06:59 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Texas

  160:    4     4        3
   80:    5     3        3
   40:   21    11       17
   20:  138    28       94
   15:  190    27      104
   10:  217    27       92
------------------------------
Total:  575   100      313  Total Score = 645,106

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Elecrat K3/100 @100W to F12 C3 @64', 80/40 Fan Dipoles at 50' one NS
and the other EW.  Pro-1B Loop used on 160 for some contacts.  WriteLog V11.28J
and DXMAPS 2.7 - QSO/SWL real time maps for band conditions and
WeatherUndergroung web resources to monitor severe weather conditions for
safety.

This event was shortened by the passing of really strong lightning and very
heavy rain ... the first any kind of rain since May this year - much needed,
however along with losing power Friday night the available time for operating
was well below what might have been.  8 hours less time on the air, multipliers
more this year than last year - contacts 64% fewer - points about 75% of the
previous year.

10 Meters was a real producer for contacts.  Best overall band was 15 for point
attainment putting 19 in second place.  Third was 20.  80 and 40 did not do well
for me this year, possibly too much time on the high bands, however, bands
seemed to be too noise-ridden given the weather.  I did better on 160 than
before ... still working on that part of the system.

This was a good event, fairly good conditions, lots of folks on the air.  See
you all in the SS, CQ CW, 160 and 10 Meter tests...hope conditions at least as
good as this weekend.