[3830] CQWW SSB OQ5M(ON5ZO) SOSB(A)/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 19:52:15 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OQ5M
Operator(s): ON5ZO
Station: OQ5M

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80: 1500    15       82
Total: 1500    15       82  Total Score = 191,381

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I made another 300 Q on 15 and 200 Q on 10 just for a few fast hours to the USA.
That's the only time I like SSB.
I wasn't in the mood for 48h / SOAB. I didn't expect the higher bands to be so
good. I thought they'd be almost dead like a few weeks ago. And SSB on 40 isn't
my thing, so SB80 it was.
Mostly EU. Virtually nothing from the east. A few Arabian calls in the log but
no far east or JA. Good propagation into central and north America but it is
easier in CW. I guess people spent more time above 4MHz and who can blame
them...
In retrospect a SB15 would have been the way to go here.
- Franki ON5ZO / OQ5M