[3830] CQWW SSB AB2E SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 20:14:50 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ

  160:    6     2        2
   80:   39     9       29
   40:   67    15       41
   20:  100    21       59
   15:  161    19       68
   10:   53    12       33

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Icom 756 Pro III/ SPE Expert 1.3K-FA
Antennas:
160 Inverted L
 75M Inverted L
40m Delta Loop
20-10M G5RV.

Many family things interfered with the contest this weekend (Juvenile Diabetes
5K Walk on Sunday morning, and other things both Sat and Sun).

Basically limited to a couple hours each night and Sunday afternoon.
All S&P, tried some CQs but could not get anything going.
However, very often I got the station on first or second call with S&P.

Finally put up a dedicated 75m inverted L. This worked great. I have just 4
elevated tuned radials at the moment (insulated #12 wire).
Just before the contest the 20m Delta Loop developed a high SWR, so used the
G5RC for 20m as well as 15m and 10m. It worked quite well, signals were very
strong, and I easily cracked the pileups, especially Africa and Caribbean.

The high point was the flawless performance of the new amp. SPE Expert 1.3K-FA.
I bought this to use on dxpeditions but it's working so great at home I may use
it for both. I especially like the USB interface with a clone of the amp's
front panel in a resizable window which can be resident alongside N1MM+. Great
to watch what is going on in your amp while operating.

OK, thanks for all QSOs, and I'll see you on from VE3RZ in CQWW CW.

73 Cheers,
Darrell AB2E