[3830] CQWW SSB W6RW SOSB(A)/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 20:17:56 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6RW
Operator(s): W6RW
Station: W6RW

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: Yuma, AZ

   40:  304    31       77

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to go Single Band 40 Meters because my 43 foot DX Engineering vertical
works best on 40 meters. It worked a lot better than I thought that it would
(but I still miss having yagis). My QTH used to be quiet but there is a new
noise source that runs between S7 and S9. That made it hard to get good rates
when I was running. I could copy a lot of them below the noise level but when I
was running, I could hear a mass of signals down far enough where I could not
copy them. I need to find out where this new source of noise is coming from.
Overall I had a great time and am looking forward to CQWW CW.