[3830] CQWW SSB ZM2IO(ZL3IO) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 20:48:03 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZM2IO
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZM2IO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Waimarama Heights

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   15     7        9
   40:  182    26       51
   20:  761    35      114
   15: 1245    29       93
   10: 1190    23       63

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

That was my first real SOAB WWDX from New Zealand. In the past I always operated
with the ZM4T group but we're moving the station and were not ready for a multi
op activity. I got my tower back into the air only the day before the contest
... virtually in the last minute. But I did not get all antennas going so thee
was no 40m beam and only 2 hexbeams for 20m @ 9m height. It's seen in the score
and tells me where my potential for improvement is. Late but short 10m opening
into Europe (after midnight!)were a nice surprise. In general 10m was better
than expected. Speaking of 10m meter. I will never understand why the South
American stations don't have at least on beam pointing towards the Pacific on
10m. There are PY/CE/LU's everywhere on the band but purely focused on EU &
USA. I was tuning regularly up and down with the second receiver for mults but
could get only 1 x LU on 10m into the log!!! Guys there is life outside of EU
& USA as well.

Anyhow it was great fun and should be enough margin for a new New Zealand
record. Thank you all for the contacts
73 Holger, ZM2IO/ZL3IO

K3 + KPA500

160 m - dipole