[3830] CQWW SSB N5RZ SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 21:14:29 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17:45

  160:   15     6        9
   80:   49    13       30
   40:  122    24       54
   20:  191    28       84
   15:  254    24       79
   10:  221    22       60
------------------------------
Total:  852   117      316  Total Score = 970,786

Club: Midland ARC

Comments:

Another CQWW SSB come and gone!   SSB is tough on the ole Gator these days, but
after all, it is CQWW!

No real strategy.

Scattered 4.5 hours on 20M at the beginning, and Saturday Morning & early
afternoon between chores & other commitments.  Never even listened on
another band.  Condx were horrid here in West Texas.  Had a social engagement
Saturday evening, and hen I got back out to the station, cycled back &
forth thru 40-80-160 from 0415-1120Z before I fell asleep.  No RX antennas,
line noise & heavy QRN wore me out.    Got up and operated 10-15-20M from
1605Z to the end.  first 10M QSO was at 1605Z, and first 15M QSO was at 1705Z.
About 98% S&P.   Just tuned tuned tuned the bands.   I'll let all you Phone
animals do the running.   Condx really seemed to perk up as Sunday went on.

Some cool DX and 6 band sweeps with HK1NA and PJ4Q.

Thanks to all for digging me out, and special appreciation to all you folks who
travel to all the exotic places!

73,  Gator