[3830] CQWW SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) SOSB(A)/80 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 21:30:03 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOSB(A)/80 QRP
QTH: WA

   80:  15     6        4
Total:  15     6        4  Total Score = 360

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I traveled on Friday and got to the shack right at the bell. Spent
another half-hour getting setup. Not that it was urgent, 75m Phone
had only local ragchewers and nets for the first several hours. With
limited time and interest, I chose the category that the CQ WW SSB
Records page shows the USA had "no entry" so far: SO(A)QRP 80m.
My entry would have a chance at the USA Record!
Finally by 04z each night I could work a few Canadians, Thanks!
Midnight and sunrise allowed me to work Hawaii, Alaska and Japan.
And well, that's all I could work 80m QRP SSB. I could hear plenty
of DX, but unless they were S9 and no pileup I couldn't get through.
That's quite normal for QRP SSB :)

NN7SS (op K6UFO)

80m: Full wave Delta Loop at 80'
Kenwood TS-590s at 5 watts
SDR-IQ receiver and Spectravue software panadapter.