[3830] CQWW SSB NN1N SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 22:14:42 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NN1N
Operator(s): NN1N
Station: NN1N

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: CT

  160:   12     8       10
   80:   48     9       30
   40:   58    14       37
   20:  276    33      100
   15:  448    32       91
   10:  498    27       91

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Enjoyed the great conditions.  Some signals were the loudest I have heard from
their regions ever.

Didn't operate past midnight Friday night, and skipped the low bands altogether
Saturday.  Ran here and there when possible.  Mostly tuning.

I finally realized that with all the spotting, it is mostly necessary to really
try to aim the yagis at the target -- you need every bit of a db you can get
with the piles getting so big so quick.  I usually tried to break piles with an
antenna that was "close" but that turned out to be bad.  I think it
works better on CW.  Phone requires sheer force.  Boy, some of those huge
signals out of EU must have huge accompanying electric bills to pay for running
the amps.