[3830] CQWW SSB VE3VN SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 22:24:39 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    6     3        2
   40:   40    10       19
   20:  227    22       82
   15:  252    20       77
   10:  252    17       67

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Conditions were generally excellent, except that I missed the awesome 10 meter
opening from last year. That hurt since it's the only band I can run on SSB
with 5 watts. So no running this year (less than 1% of Q's).

QSOs were down and multipliers were up, netting almost exactly the same claimed
score as in 2014. As always, I give my compliments to the many ops who spent far
too much time pulling me through. Modestly improved low band antennas also
helped.

I think I'm just about done with QRP SSB. It's too painful, for both me and
everyone I call. It can only get worse as the sunspot count declines.

Rig: KX3/DVR, 5 watts, N1MM+
10-20: Explorer 14 @15m
10-40: Inverted vees (N-S, E-W) @14m
80: Tower vertical with short radials