[3830] CQWW SSB XE2B SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 00:03:02 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: XE2B
Operator(s): XE2B
Station: XE2B

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: AGS

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:    4     3        3
   20:  832    28       89
   15:  876    32      104
   10: 1447    30      103

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

The ominous warning of the "Patricia" Hurricane,  forced me
to slightly reduce my goals, which were finally set as:

QSOS: 1,837
DXCC:   267
Zones: 88

A ligh Rain started just before the contest, fortunately, the propagation
conditions -on the high bands,
 were much better than anticipated

First Night: (Contest starts on friday at 7PM localtime)
Started on 10M runnig JA's and W's with pretty good runs switching to 15M and
20M to capture Mults;
Went to bed at 0540z, because all the new were about the oncoming hit of
"Patricia" I did not want
to have problems with the equipment with electrical surges. went to bed at
0600z just to be awakened 4 hours later by
the tremendous gale winds that hit our city (The Hurricane eye passed 40KM
north of our city).
At one moment, it came to mind mind that  I may loose my 60 ft tower -
fortunately this strong winds lasted only 40 Minutes.

Saturday, XE morning:
After careful inspection, I found my antennas and tower unharmed, so I resumed
at 1213z with very few stations worked on 40M and 20M;
15M started tp open at 1300z and 10M an hour later.
Very good fishing and running  throught the rest of the saturday; stoped early
at 0300z

Sunday, XE morning:
Resumed at 1300 s finding the high bands already open.

Started with the same strategy as the day before, mostly Running  and doing
S&P whenever possible.

One of the memorable moments occured when runnning in the middle of a gagantuan
NA 20M pileup, I asked to
stand by  -briefly, to let hearing stations outside NA; a complete silence
came, then  A71CV was worked (nobody interrupted);
hats off guys, many thanks for your sportmanship and exemplary behavior!

Being so addicted to rate, I misseed some mults,although enjoyed the
accelerometer readings (by SH5):

- 7 Q's/minute (12 times)
- 6 Q's/minute (47 times)
- 5 Q's/minute (103 times)

- Best hour: 268 Qs on 10/24 at 1941z

10M: Woow! what a surprise, this was indeed the Money band.
15M: Despite being  completely packed, productive runs were possibe and juicy
mults
20M: Very nice also
40M: Too much static
80M: same as 40M

- DXCC on 10M and 15M
- 130 overall DXCCs worked

The results exceeded my goals and wildest expectations and -in the process,
break the existing 14 years old -XE record, for this category.

Thank you very much for the Q's