[3830] CQWW SSB NQ4I M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 08:30:19 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): VE7ZO W4IX AG4W K4TD K4NV KM4HI NQ4I N4XL
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga

  160:   38    10       23
   80:  238    18       73
   40:  884    31      117
   20: 1090    37      140
   15: 1460    37      142
   10: 1543    31      130

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

We downsized the station from Multi-Multi this past summer and the CQWW SSB was
our first test of the new station configuration as Multi-Two. And everyone of
the op's said it works very good. Conditions were definitely varied this
weekend. We listened on 15 m at the start and heard K9CT running JA's. Not
happening at this qth, the band had already faded for us. Saturday we saw the
effects of the CME, and the high bands were pretty lousy and the low bands were
very noisy. The op's toughed it out and kept BIS for the duration. Then the
conditions came roaring back on Sunday, and they were fantastic! Ten Meters has
not been this good in years! And the last two hours on 15m were fantastic!

I want to say that the www.cqcontest.net site provide a lot of entertainment
and kept our attention all weekend. K9CT and crew were on the site and it truly
was a very close horse race. K9CT prevailed in the end. We listened as he was
running EU on 20 meters about 19z on Sunday and we could not hear a single
station he was working. Good ole adsorption was keeping us from staying in the
race. I want to offer my congrats to K9CT and his fine crew for a great race.
It was exciting and kept us occupied all through the contest. There are lots of
other competitors in all classes who should be doing the same.

For one of the first times , no equipment failures! Could it be that the
combination of TenTec radios and Alpha Amps that we have achieved reliability?

Station descriptions:
15m/80m TenTec Orion x2 and Alpha 8410 x2.
10m/40m TenTec Orion x2 and Alpha 87A x2
20m TenTec Orion x2 and Alpha 77 and Alpha 78
160m TenTec Orion and Alpha 77

I want to thank my operators who traveled great distances to participate. Jim
KM4HI drove up from Central Florida. Rick (aka Chain Saw set the single
instance of loud snoring record again!) K4TD came over from NW Alabama to be
with us. Drubber (John) W4IX had been working the past 6 months in Calif and
Ariz and traveled back for the contest. Jim VE7ZO drove all the way from
Smyrna, Ga to participate. Steve AG4W made the drive from NW Alabama also, and
Kevin N4XL came down from Western SC. Thanks guys for making the effort!

I want to thank CQWW, the Magazine and the unpaid workers in the background who
make all this happen each year. Still one of the best contests on ham radio each
year!

73 from wet and rainy Central Georgia,

Rick NQ4I