[3830] CQWW SSB VA3DF SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 08:53:59 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: ONS

  160:   10     4        4
   80:  153    12       38
   40:  235    23       91
   20:  304    32      110
   15:  456    33      117
   10:  350    28      110

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

You gotta love it when a plan comes together! Never met a contest that I didn't
like but there is definitely something special about these 48 hour efforts.
Random comments follow:

Propagation turned out to be better than anticipated. I thought we had closed
the book on 10 m a couple of months ago but the band was actually in reasonable
form - not as good as last year but then neither am I :>)

Started out ahead of last year as far as qso count at set intervals but then
dropped behind by about 200 qsos. Good operators on the other end allowed me to
close the gap to 100 qsos. On the positive side, the total multipliers were up
by 20 with a substantial increase in the amount of countries worked.

Recorded the entire contest as a .wav file, now I need to find a free weekend
to listen to it all over again!

There were no technical issues during the contest, everything worked as it
should. Probably didn't spend enough time running, which is odd as I really
enjoy that activity.

Technical question #1 -

If Doug has 4000 feet of radials and makes 10 contacts on 160 m, how many feet
of radials would he need to make 100 contacts? (Send answer in confidential
email)

Contest tip #1 -

If you are 3/4 of the way through the contest and your butt is killing you,
switch chairs (I keep a couple in the shack). If that doesn't work, try a
pillow or blanket on the chair. If that still doesn't resolve the issue, suck
it up you big baby,  think you are at a spa or what?

Now where did I leave that pillow?

73,

Doug
VA3DF