[3830] CQWW SSB 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 09:15:14 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: 8P

   15:  694    25       87

Busy week-end and unfortunately I could not be 100% focused on the contest. LP
on 15 was also pretty tough as the band was wall to wall filled with signals
during the peak propagation. I am guessing most of the big guns used this as
their money band. Conditions seemed rough but then I only have 2 elements on
this band for the moment. The QRM truly made my LP signal seem qrp as I gave up
on many a multiplier because of the big piles and difficulty getting through.
The first evening there was some interesting short skip that allowed me to work
many of the close zone 8 stations much easier than normal.

Altogether an interesting experience and I'll probably be back next year with a
better RX, and better antennas.

Thanks for all the stations that managed to work this weak one.

73 - Dean