[3830] CQWW SSB VE4VT SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 11:22:54 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 43:49

  160:    7     3        2
   80:  265    15       28
   40:  680    24       68
   20:  804    29      104
   15: 1268    31      106
   10:  248    22       75

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Based on the propagation we have had lately, this weekend was a pleasant
surprise.

Very difficult to find (and hold) a run frequency on 20 and 15m. Impossible on
40m below 7225. Spent too much time S&P as a result. I was going to enter
unassisted but after 5 hours with not many multipliers, I gave in and fired up
the cluster.

The propagation on 10m was just plain strange to me. The paths to South America
and zone 8 were fairly normal. The path to Europe was new to me. The signals
heard were extremely weak, not moving the S meter, but yet workable with little
effort. The audio was distorted as if some kind of auroral flutter at times. The
QSB was also strange to me. Aslo worked many stateside stations by what almost
sounded like back scatter. No Asia or Alaska stations could be heard from here
on 10m.

Worked a lot of 2 pointers and 98 zero pointers. Hope they needed the DXCC or
zone multiplier.

Lack of sleep does funny things to your mind. After saying "VICTOR"
about 100,000 times, it became nearly impossible to say it clearly.

Now to get ready for a couple sweepstakes events.

73 and thanks for the Q's.

Ed VE4VT/VE4EAR

Icom IC7700
Optibeam OB11-5 @52 feet